Mr. Joe Tomaino is an Advancement Advisor at Cristo Rey Tampa High School since 2015. He was raised in Hackettstown, New Jersey and married Joann G. Randazzo in Tampa, 1964. Together they have two children, Steve and Carol and 4 grandchildren. Joe participated in varsity football and wrestling in high school. Joe holds a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Tampa and a Master’s Degree from the University of South Florida.
Joe and his wife were Peace Corps Volunteers in Chili from 1964 to 1966. He was the Assistant Director of USF’s Career Center from 1966-1970, the Executive Director of USF’s Alumni Association from 1970-1985, the Director of Development (USF Central Staff) from 1985-1996, the Director of Development at the Salesian Youth Center/Boys & Girls Club from 1996-1997, and the Director of Major Gifts of USF Athletics from 1997-2015.
- Outstanding USF Administrator – 1974
- USF Distinguished Alumnus Award – 1979
- Florida Kiwanian of the Year – 1982
- President Kiwanis Club of Tampa – 1983 and 2004
- Lieutenant Governor Florida Kiwanis – 1985 and 2006
- Sports Club of Tampa Bay President – 1998 and 2009
- Kiwanian of the Year Tampa Club – 2014