Elementary ELA/Reading Teacher P/T
St. Peter Claver Catholic School located in Tampa, Florida is actively seeking candidate(s) for the position of Elementary ELA/Reading Teacher for the 2017-2018 school year. This position will be responsible for teaching ELA/Reading to 3rd and 4th grade students. This position is part-time.
A qualified candidate for this position will possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in elementary education (or a bachelors with experience in an elementary classroom) as well as a valid Florida Teaching Certificate in the subject area or ability to obtain a certificate upon employment. Qualified candidates should also have experience with the use of classroom technology (the school has a 1:1 iPad program). The candidate must successfully complete a Level II background screening. Additionally, the successful candidate must possess a commitment to Catholic education, be passionate about working with inner city children, and have a familiarity with UbD (Understanding by Design) and Standards Based Grading.
Early Childhood - 3 Year Old Teacher
A qualified candidate for this position will possess a minimum of a bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education, or in a field related to Early Childhood Education or in any field with 18 qualifying college credit hours in ECE. Completion of the State Mandated DCF 45-hour training for child care preferred. Current CPR/First Aid/AED training, and current "clear" DCF background screening. Additionally, candidates for this position should:
- Be a natural classroom leader.
- Enjoy working with other childcare professionals in a team environment.
- Demonstrate a history of reliability and professionalism through his/her prior work experience.
- Be physically capable of performing this physically demanding job -- standing on feet all day, working indoors and outdoors, lifting up to 60lbs repetitively.
- Have a caring, positive nature and a good sense of humor!